Wavikar Eye Institute Scores Yet another First with NABH Accreditation
WEI became the first hospital in and around Thane city to get the prestigious NABH accreditation for its services. This is an achievement for all our team members who really toiled their way hard through a rigorous multistage process of assessment. It’s our pride to announce that we are also the only eye institute in western India to have this honour at present.
What is NABH accreditation?
NABH stands for National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Health care providers.
How are the Patients going to be benefited?
Accreditation by and large is the way to demonstrate to the patients that health care organization conforms to global benchmarks on safety and quality of care.
NABH has laid norms to enhance health care delivery system and to promote continuous quality improvements as well as patient safety by developing systems and protocols. This enables as to serve our patients with unique as well as uniform eye care.
Primum non nocere (first, Do No Harm) -
- Extensive measures are in place to ensure patients safety on the premises. Our clearly displayed signage in understandable language, CCTV cameras, Non Smoking hospital policy, Red Eye Bench provide patients safe and comfortable ambience. We have a full proof fire fighting systems and disaster management plan in place with trained persons to tackle such emergencies.
- We have trained our staff in giving basic life support so that collapsed patient can be resuscitated and then transferred safely for further medical care to the concerned health care organization.
- Our infection control committee and quality assurance committee ensure error free treatment for every patient as well as lowest hospital acquired infection rates.
- Medical and Paramedical staff has their proper credentials. All the staff goes through regular appraisals. They are monitored to have their skills updated regularly through various audits.
- Patient satisfaction index is evaluated very stringently and prompt corrective actions are taken on deficiencies found.
- Transparency is maintained in all transactions be it explaining pros and cons of an operation, charges for a particular procedure, giving comprehensive reports encompassing all clinical findings on patient’s demands, displaying and protecting patient’s rights or dealing with a grievance.
- Our boldly displayed vision, mission, quality policy statements encourage us to deliver superior results all the time.
Hippocrates, Father of modern medicine advised all doctors which holds true till today. We follow this ancient advice to deliver the highest quality eye care to patients in a safe environment and have adopted the NABH guidelines for the same.